WE NEED YOUR NOMINATIONS!
Elections for the 2018 URISA–AL Board of Directors positions will begin on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
Interested in getting involved in URISA–AL? Need points towards GISP certification?
Positions up for nomination are:
- Vice President
- Secretary (incumbent will be seeking re-election)
- North Region Director
- Central Region Director
- Capitol Region Director (incumbent will be seeking re-election)
- South Region Director
Things you need to know about the process:
- Voting will be online for current URISA–AL members only.
- Any URISA–AL member may nominate themselves or another member.
- Nominations by others must be accepted by nominee.
- A nominee must be a current member of URISA–AL in good standing and shall reside and/or work in the state of Alabama.
- A nominee will need to be or become a member of URISAInternational for the 2018 membership year before December 1, 2017.
- A short bio is needed of approved nominees for the voting ballot.
- No more than two persons from any organization can serve at the same time.
- Officer and director positions and their duties are described in the Bylaws at http://www.urisa–al.org/info under Chapter Bylaws: ARTICLE V. OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS.
Save the Date! ArcGIS Pro and area GIS presentations, October 25, 2017
By popular demand, there will be an ArcGIS Pro presentation in Decatur, AL, at the Turner Surles Community Center (702 Sycamore St NW) on Wednesday, October 25, 2017. Additionally, there will be presentations on area GIS activities and the URISA–AL general meeting. Additional details and registration information will be coming soon!
The Alabama Chapter of URISA was developed as a consortium of GIS professionals, agencies, and corporations driven to help build GIS programs and standards in Alabama, provide the best geospatial information and services, and improve professional development and certification. URISA-AL is focused on becoming a strong professional organization by encouraging Geographic Information Systems Professionals (GISPs) certification, increasing membership, and creating an environment for better networking and information sharing. As a recognized Chapter of National URISA, URISA-AL enjoys cooperation and sponsorship from URISA and the other State and Regional Chapters. Look for more information on the URISA.org web site.